Friday, August 5, 2011

Gaining momentum...

I thought it was funny that when I met with my nurse yesterday she used some analogy about us being on the home stretch and I'm thinking "We just started!" Haha!

The past two days have been FILLED with testing. Not to get too graphic, but I have been poked, prodded, you name it! Seriously starting to feel like a science experiment here and I haven't even started the injections yet. Yesterday was great though. J came with me to ORM and I had my last testing procedures done there to make sure my uterus was fine and that there won't be any issues implanting the embryos when it comes time for that. We were able to talk with the the nurse and received our IVF calendar (which is seriously like the golden ticket). It's very exciting to be able to look at an actual piece of paper that maps out when everything will take place, what medications I'll be on when, and most importantly, when I'll be getting pregnant!

This is kind of the run down according to my calendar (assuming that things are crazy with my cycle again):

Now-Aug 23: Relaxing and preparing for everything, attending a couple informational classes about IVF

Aug 23-Sept 16: Take birth control pills to suppress/calm everything

Sept 16 - Sept 26ish: Daily injections to stimulate multiple eggs to mature

Around Sept 26: Egg retrieval (hopefully they get lots) and fertilization

Around Oct 1: Egg transfer/two days bed rest, lots of positive thinking and prayers =)

Around Oct 10: Pregnancy test!!!!!!!!

So...this is officially our last month to get pregnant naturally. You know what that means...BOW CHICKA WOW WOW! Haha!

1 comment: